Dbvisit Replicate runs on the following platforms (Operating Systems):
- Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008, 2012, Windows 7) (32bit and 64bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Oracle Linux 5(x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Oracle Linux 6 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Oracle Linux 7 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- SUSE 10 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- SUSE 11 (x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- Solaris 10 (SPARC, x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64) (Older SPARC Solaris version may be supported - See below)
- Solaris 11 (SPARC, x86, AMD64, EMT64, x86_64)
- AIX 5.3
- AIX 6.1
- AIX 7.1
- HPUX IA64 11.23 (Itanium)
- HPUX IA64 11.31 (Itanium)
If you are looking to support Solaris 9 or Tru64 you can support that through and NFS mount. See Non supported OS solution for more details.
Dbvisit Replicate has a 32-bit and a 64-bit version and comes prepackaged Oracle Instant Client, thus no separate Oracle client install is necessary. Not all platforms are supported with all versions of the various databases.
Source databases support
Target databases support
- SQL Server
As of version 2.9:
Dbvisit Replicate can now stream data in real time to two new relational database targets, PostgreSQL and Tibero.
For more detail please see the links below for more details including step by step instructions:
Dbvisit Replicate can now stream data in real time to Kafka.
For more detail please see the following link: Target Kafka (via Kafka Connect)
Oracle database versions support matrix
|Source||Oracle 9.2||Oracle 10.1||Oracle 10.2||Oracle11.1||Oracle 11.2||Oracle 12.1|
|Oracle editions and options support|
Exact supported version numbers are determined by the Oracle client support; for the 11.1 prepackaged Instant Client, this is described in MOS note 207303.1. In short, it requires 188.8.131.52 or higher. (Solaris version for Intel/AMD uses 11.2 Instant Client, as no 11.1 version was published by Oracle Corporation.)
Dbvisit Replicate supports heterogeneous configurations, i.e. the processes can run on different platforms, enabling you e.g. to do a Linux-to-Windows replication, monitor Linux-to-Linux replication using Windows client etc. This is always enabled and does not require any special configuration. In other words, you can move from big endian to little endian or from little endian to big endian.
- Dbvisit Replicate supports all flavors of Linux x86 and x86_64 which are supported by Oracle. On unsupported Linux platforms extra efforts are required in terms on installing required libraries and packages. The thumb rule is "If you can run Oracle, You can run Dbvisit Replicate"
- For Oracle 9i, only when FETCHER process is used, source server and MINE server must have the same endianness.
Multitenant architecture considerations
Oracle 12.1 limitations
The following features are not supported in 12.1 of Oracle
- Flex ASM
- Flex ASM