The objects to be replicated must be in sync before you initiate the replication. If the data is not in sync before replication starts, there is a strong possibility that data conflicts can occur. For instance if a record is updated or deleted on the source database that does not exist on the target database. For one-way replication you can choose from following options depending upon the volume of data to be loaded into the target.
- Oracle Data Pump
- Standby Database
- Rman Duplicate
- Rman Restore and Recover
- Transportable Tablespace ( Enterprise Edition Only)
- LOAD function of Dbvisit Replicate
- Datapump script is used when you have few tables/schemas to be replicated and the data volume is low.
- Any of the option from 2, 3 and 4 can be used when you have many schemas to be replicated and the data volume is huge.
- Transportable Tablespace is a wise choice over datapump for heterogeneous environment with the high data volume if you are using Enterprise Edition.