What is Dbvisit Replicate?
Dbvisit Replicate is a comprehensive software product enabling real time Oracle replication. Dbvisit Replicate uses efficient redo log-based change data capture (CDC). This does not refer to the Oracle product CDC, but rather to the CDC methodology. This technology to detect changes to the source database and to replicate and distribute the changed data in real-time across Oracle and non Oracle databases. This is also referred to as redo-log mining. Dbvisit Replicate uses its own internal redo-log mining technology and is not dependent on any third-party software or API's.
CDC technology based on redo log files have distinct advantages that include:
- minimal impact on the source database (even more so as Dbvisit Replicate can use the optional FETCHER process for downstream mining on a dedicated separate host).
- no need for programmatic changes to the applications that use the database.
- low latency in acquiring changes in source database.
- transactional integrity: Dbvisit Replicate replays the original transactions in the order they were committed.
- no changes to the database schema required (no triggers, materialised views etc).
- independent of the database
One-way replication allows real time reporting across distributed reader farms reducing the performance impact on the production databases.
Bi-direction (or 2-way) replication is possible allowing master-to-master replication to provide real time information across multiple applications and sites.
Dbvisit Replicate can enable the following:
- Migration and Upgrades. In these tough economic times, organizations are trying to lower costs in all of their business operations. One key method for cutting IT costs is migration: migration to hardware that is less expensive to purchase and operate; migration to less costly operating systems; and migration away from older versions of Oracle to reduce costs of extended support contracts. Dbvisit Replicate will facilitate the migration and upgrades with almost no outage.
- One central database with satellite offices. Dbvisit Replicate will replicate only specific data that is applicable to satellite offices.
- Reporting on MySQL databases. Dbvisit Replicate will replicate the data out of a central Oracle database into an open source MySQL database for reporting purposes, therefore offloading the main central database.
- Loading of data warehouses. Dbvisit Replicate can detect changes to source data and load these into the staging areas of a data warehouse for business intelligence reporting or ETL processing.
- Integration with other systems. Dbvisit Replicate can detect changes to source data and push this data into other systems.
Watch our Dbvisit Replicate intro and overview:
For an introduction into the basic Dbvisit Replicate commands, please see here.
Contacting Dbvisit Replicate support: http://support.dbvisit.com