Upgrading of Dbvisit Replicate involves two simple steps:
- Replacing the existing software with new software
- Upgrading the Dbvisit Replicate repository (this is not always needed)
Upgrading Dbvisit Replicate involves the following steps:
1. Stop the replication:
dbvrep> shutdown all
2. Install the Dbvisit Replicate software. This is the same as a new install of the software. Please follow the instructions for "Install Dbvisit Replicate - Windows". After installation, there is no need to reconfigure Dbvisit Replicate.
3. Restart the replication, by running the start scripts or starting the Windows Dbvisit Replication services
4. Upgrade the Dbvisit Replicate repository (if necessary). Dbvisit Repository will notify if the repository needs to be upgraded. If upgrading from Dbvisit Replicate from 2.8 to 2.9 you must upgrade. To upgrade the repository:
dbvrep> UPGRADE REPOSITORY
You can also follow the knowledge base article to upgrade the Dbvisit replicate version from 2.7 to 2.9.
To see the latest changes for Dbvisit Replicate please see:http://www.dbvisit.com/products/replicate_latest_changes