- Oracle RDBMS 18.104.22.168 with Oracle e-Business suite clone (per e-Business process).
- Upgraded source database ASM only from 11 to 12c.
- Dbvisit Replicate 2.7 was installed as
dbvisitOS user separate from
oracleOS user but with group permissions on
- Source database server to run FETCHER.
- Intermediary server to run MINE.
- Target host to run APPLY.
FETCHER failed to start on source server.
As the environment configuration is using separate OS accounts to manage the Grid Infrastructure (
GI_HOME) and the oracle RDBMS
ORACLE_HOME, the RDBMS
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle binary must be able to access the ASM disks. This is accomplished by permitting the RDBMS
oracle binary access using the following command as GI user:
- Shutdown database.
sudo su - grid
- Startup database.
Once the modification is applied, dbvisit (which has access to the oracle binaries) is able to access the redo logs.
NOTE: Due to the above modification, the archive log generation owner/group changed from
oracle:asmadmin. You still have to add the
asmadmin group to
dbvisit with read/copy permissions on the archive logs. See the following Oracle support documents for further details:
Donna Zehl April 09, 2015 04:41