3. Copyright Notice
Copyright © 2000-2017 Dbvisit Software Limited. Except as specifically set out the Dbvisit license agreement, nothing in this Documentation constitutes a warranty as to the operation of the Dbvisit Standby software.
All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notification.
This document is the property of Dbvisit Software Limited. Dbvisit Standby is a product of Dbvisit Software Limited.
This software product is licensed, not sold.
Dbvisit is a registered trademark.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
All other brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
4. Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions
By installing, using and running this software you agree that Dbvisit Software Limited and their associated companies and partners will not be held responsible for anything related to installing or running Dbvisit Standby.
By installing, using and running this software you agree with the terms and conditions displayed during the installation process of Dbvisit Standby.
For the complete Dbvisit Standby license agreement (LA) see:
Some of the features described in this document only apply to the latest version of Dbvisit Standby.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
5. Important Notice
Oracle strongly recommends that all NOLOGGING operations be avoided in the primary database.
Oracle will not be able to keep the standby database consistent with the primary database during nologging operations.
To ensure this does not happen, Oracle introduced the command (version 9i and above):
SQL> ALTER DATABASE FORCE LOGGING;
This ensures that all database write operations are logged and the standby database will be consistent.
6. DbvisitUniversity: Dbvisit Standby Training
This course covers:
- Installation Prerequisites & Installation
- Performing a Graceful Switchover and Failover
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and housekeeping
- 14 units of learning materials, each unit comprising of interactive content; including links to relevant reading materials, demonstration videos, interviews with our product expert and Oracle ACE Anton Els, and fun and informative animated videos.
- Online test environments so you can test what you've learned.
- Downloadable takeaway guides for your quick reference.
Successful completion of the Dbvisit Standby Essentials training course will see you become a member of our globally recognized Dbvisit Standby Certified Associates Program, and you will receive a certificate to show off these credentials.
Unlock your data's full potential for less! Join Oracle ACE and Dbvisit Standby product expert, Anton Els as he takes you through the setup and implementation of Dbvisit Standby on Oracle's new ODA machines. This course takes one hour to complete.