The KB article explains how to register the standby database in ODA when the database filesystem layout is different from primary.
Registering the standby database with ODA gives an error when filesystem layout is different from primary.
Applicable Error Code
DCS-10045:Validation error encountered: logfile : /u01/app/oracle/oradata/redo/PROD/PROD/onlinelog/o1_mf_1_gogf3ny9_.log is not present at the expected location : /u03/app/oracle/redo/.
Dbvisit Standby V8 and V9
The case was reported in ODA X7-2 Medium, but would affect all the ODA
When registering the standby database using odacli we receive the below error. This is noted only when the standby database has a different filesystem layout than primary. The primary database has /u01 as the mount and the standby database has /u03
# odacli register-database -c OLTP -s odb8 -sn PROD -p
Password for SYS:
DCS-10045:Validation error encountered: logfile : /u01/app/oracle/oradata/rdoprod/PROD/PROD/onlinelog/o1_mf_1_gowc3ny9_.log is not present at the expected location : /u03/app/oracle/redo/.
The easiest solution is to make sure that the standby database has the database convert parameters set and then re-create the standby controlfile, once this is done try registering the standby database using odacli. The primary database has /u01 as the mount and the standby database has /u03Steps Performed
- Stop the daemon process in both primary and standby.
- Configure the parameter log_file_name_convert in the standby and restart the standby database.
- Once the above parameter has been set in standby, restart the standby database.
./dbvctl -d DDC -o restart
- After the above step is done, Please run the below command to recreate the standby controlfile from the primary. This will restart the standby database.
./dbvctl -d -f create_standby_ctl -a batch=y
- Run the archivelog send from primary and apply it on standby.
./dbvctl -d DDC
- Start the standby database in read-only mode
./dbvctl -d DDC -o read
- Register the standby database using odacli