The steps in this article will show you how to change the Hostnames of the Primary and Standby hosts with an existing Standby configuration running.
Note This applies if you are making use of Hostnames in the config files.
What is the correct process to follow when changing the Hostnames of Primary and Standby hosts with an existing Standby configuration?
Applicable Error Code
How to change the Hostnames of the Primary and Standby hosts with an existing Standby configuration, please make sure the following are done:
Note this applies if you are making use of Hostnames in the config files.
2. Remove the DDC from the GUI console. This would remove DDC.env file from hosts. It is important to make a copy of the DDC file before deleting.
cp $DBVISIT_BASE/standby/conf/dbv_<DDC>.env $DBVISIT_BASE/standby/conf/dbv_<DDC_NEW>.env
4. Stop Dbvisit processes/components on Primary and Standby.
5. Ensure /etc/hosts have new resolvable hostnames reflected on both hosts.
6. Change the listener_address and remote_address in dbvnet.conf.
7. Change the listener_address in dbvagent.conf.
8. If you have installed dbvserver on one of these servers which are about to change. You have to
mv $DBVISIT_BASE/standby/conf/dbv_<DDC_NEW>.env $DBVISIT_BASE/standby/conf/dbv_<DDC>.env
a. change SOURCE and DESTINATION parameters with the new values.
b. Make sure the ARCHSOURCE/ARCHDEST locations are available..
11. Edit the file $DBVISIT_BASE/standby/dbvhost_<DDC>.sh file and change it to the correct Hostname.
12. Start all Dbvisit processes
16. Import DDC in GUI console