2. New Features
2.1 Oracle MultiTenant Support
- Synchronize up to 3 Pluggable Databases as part of your Database Disaster Recovery Configuration.
- Automate your database architecture for disaster recovery while ensuring you are compliant with Oracle best practice.
- Adding, updating and deleting Pluggable Databases (PDBs) to/on your Container Database (CDB) is seamlessly propagated to your standby database.
2.2 Reporting Replicas & Test/Dev Snapshots
- An upgrade and replacement of the optional Dbvisit Snapshots functionality in version 9, Reporting Replicas and Test/Dev Snapshots offer improved ways to leverage your existing standby infrastructure.
- Reporting Replicas enable offloading performance intensive tasks from your primary database onto your standby database, while ensuring that you always have fresh data to work with.
- Test/Dev Snapshots allow for very quick creation of fully-featured yet disposable test/dev environments, typically within seconds.
2.3 New Network Management Utility (Dbvnet Upgrade)
- Better handling of unstable networks, automatic resolution of remote execution errors.
- All-new logging system to ensure accurate and timely detection of potential network problems.
- Improve the reliability and resilience of your DR solution by getting the most out of your network.