How to set up notifications
How to set up the
*NOTIFY_*_EMAIL parameters correctly and what options are available?
There are three parameters to consider:
- NOTIFY_SUCCESS_EMAIL stands for list progress and heartbeat emails.
- NOTIFY_ALERT_EMAIL stands for all the notifications except the list progress and heartbeat emails.
- NOTIFY_ALL_EMAIL means all notifications, i.e. both success and alert notifications.
Each process (FETCHER, MINE, APPLY) has its own set of parameters:
FETCHER.NOTIFY_SUCCESS_EMAIL = OFF FETCHER.NOTIFY_ALERT_EMAIL = OFF FETCHER.NOTIFY_ALL_EMAIL = OFF
MINE.NOTIFY_ALERT_EMAIL = OFF MINE.NOTIFY_ALL_EMAIL = email@example.com MINE.NOTIFY_SUCCESS_EMAIL = firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY.NOTIFY_ALERT_EMAIL = email@example.com APPLY.NOTIFY_SUCCESS_EMAIL = firstname.lastname@example.org APPLY.NOTIFY_ALL_EMAIL = OFF
In the previous example the following is true:
- Fetcher process does not send any notifications
- Mine process sends list progress and heartbeat emails to Steve.
- Mine process sends list progress and heartbeat emails as well as all alert emails to John
- Apply process sends alert emails to John.
- Apply process sends list progress and heartbeat emails to Steve.
Specifying common variable values:
All variables can be also set one value for all the processes. This is done by replacing the process name with the star character. Such a value, however, has a lower priority than the value set for the particular process.
For example the following settings cause the apply server to send all the emails to John but not Steve, while the mine and fetcher servers will send emails only to Steve.
APPLY.NOTIFY_ALL_VALUE = email@example.com *.NOTIFY_ALL_VALUE = firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.