This article explains how to change the Observer password
Change Observer password from default
Applicable Error Code
Dbvisit Standby V9 and V10
Linux and Windows
This article explains how to change the observer password.
1. Before making any changes to the observer, please stop the observer process.
In Windows, you can stop the service from the service manager
In Linux, you have to manually kill the process
ps -ef | grep observer
kill -9 <pid>
2. Please run the below command to change the passphrase. You would be asked to enter the new password twice
3. start the observer process again
nohup ./observersvc -f ./conf/observer.conf &
4. If you are newly adding the configuration then go to the Manage configuration page in GUI and add observer with a new passphrase
5. If the Observer configuration already exists then, then go to the Manage Configuration page in GUI and click on the reset button and enter the new passphrase. Please note that the Reseting passphrase would clear the existing observer configuration for all monitored DDC and you need to recreate them.