Dbvisit Standby FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- ★ Dbvisit Standby and Log4j Vulnerability
- ★ Will compression be enabled by default?
- ★ Is ARCHSOURCE and ARCHDEST the same as Oracle Archive Log Destination?
- ★ Can archivelogs still be applied when the Standby Database is in Read Only mode?
- If we are using Multitenant Container database can we add a PDB to existing CDB and does Dbvisit Standby creates the PDB in the standby?
- Can we restrict the access of user in central console to certain actions?
- Do you recommend implementing AMM for both Primary and Standby?
- What Network Encryption algorithm does dbvnet use?
- Is email notification enabled by default?
- Will compression be enabled by default?
- How does licensing work?
- Is ARCHSOURCE and ARCHDEST the same as Oracle Archive Log Destination?
- Can archivelogs still be applied when the Standby Database is in Read Only mode?
- Does Dbvisit synchronize the archive log or redo log to DR site DB server? If its the archivelog will there will be a delay ?
- What is the required bandwidth between primary and secondary site, how to estimate?
- How is the RPO and RTO impacted when deploying Dbvisit Standby ?
- Is running the FORCE LOGGING option recommended for Primary and why?
- What are the unique features of the Dbvisit Standby product ?
- Does Dbvisit work with enterprise edition?
- Can we have Enterprise edition as primary and Standard edition for DR and does Dbvisit works with this configuration?
- What if one node goes down in RAC instance does Dbvisit still sends the archivelogs to standby?
- How to do I apply the License for my standby configuration?
- Is it necessary to install Dbvserver in a separate machine?
- Can we have Primary database as on-premise and standby in cloud?
- Can I have two standby databases for a single primary database.
- Can you explain what the purpose and benefit is to run the “dbvisit daemon” on both standby and primary?
- What are the ddvantages of using Dbvnet over SSH
- Is it intentional that only some operations are displayed in the Central Console Active Task List? Scheduled jobs from primary and standby to transfer and apply the archived logs do not show up in the console.
- Dbvisit Standby v7 required a database schema/user to store Dbvisit repository data. Can we drop the Dbvisit repository database user after an upgrade to v8 or v9?
- Please check your email to verify the registered email address.